Friday, April 11, 2008

My First Zebra


Today I joined the Texas Pastel Society and painted down at the Japanese Gardens. It was a beautiful day! I chose to paint a bridge and water scene. Notice I don't have it up?
Well...it was lots of fun and lunch was good anyway!
KLRN even filmed us for the upcoming KLRN Auction. I am going to use my Riley boxer picture as an example of a pet portrait that I will donate.
When I came home I still had the desire to paint so I decided to paint this zebra picture. The picture was taken at a wildlife farm and I have had the itch to paint it. It's 20 by 16, so it's one of my largest yet. I actually treated the board with an acrylic ground for pastels and it gave it a nice texture for the fur. I am happy with it.

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

I like this a LOT, Cathy. Hope I get to see it up close some time!